Iran’s chief negotiator and parliament speaker, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, said Sunday that the US and Israel had “failed to achieve” any of their war objectives, calling it “the biggest and most absolute failure.

The remarks came while he was interacting with the press. Ghalibaf declared, “I declare with all my heart that we won this war,” without specifying which goals he believes were missed. Washington had earlier set out objectives including Iran’s surrender, regime change, an end to its nuclear programme, and a halt to support for proxy groups like Hezbollah.

Besides, Iran’s army chief, Major General Amir Hatami, announced a $30,000 bounty for killing or capturing a US soldier doubled if carried out by an Iranian woman. Hatami said the move followed a surge in requests from citizens wanting to take part, though he gave no details on timing or location.

Anyone who kills or captures and hands over an invading American military personnel will receive a reward equivalent to $30,000 or 5 billion tomans from the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Army,” Hatami told.

Hatami, however, made no mention of when or where attacks on US soldiers, who are stationed beyond the reach of the average Iranians, would take place.

The 60-day window set under the US-Iran memorandum of understanding is due to expire today, with no final peace agreement or extension in place.

Signed in June, the interim pact was intended to halt hostilities and give the two sides time to negotiate a permanent settlement covering Iran’s nuclear programme, sanctions relief and navigation through the Strait of Hormuz.