Raipur: Union Home Minister Amit Shah will reach the capital on a 2-day visit to Chhattisgarh. During this time, he will attend the Bastar Pandum closing ceremony as well as review the Naxal eradication campaign.

During his visit to Chhattisgarh, Shah will chair a high-level meeting and review the ongoing operations, sources said. The Home Minister has set a target of March 31, 2026, to end the Naxal menace in the country. He has repeatedly appealed to the Maoists to surrender and join the mainstream and assured that the government will rehabilitate them.

Sources said that according to the tentative program, the home minister will review the security situation and counter-insurgency operations during his visit to Jammu and Kashmir. According to data prepared by the Union Home Ministry, at least 130 Naxalites have been killed in encounters in Chhattisgarh so far this year. Of them, over 110 were eliminated in the Bastar division, which comprises seven districts, including Bijapur and Kanker.

Over 105 Naxals were arrested from different parts of the country, and 164 have surrendered so far in 2025. In 2024, a total of 290 Naxalites were killed, 1,090 were arrested, and 881 surrendered. As many as 15 top Naxal leaders have been neutralised so far.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister Vishnu Dev Sai will be on a tour of Surajpur and Raipur, where he will attend the closing ceremony of the Kudargarh Mahotsav. At the same time, model answers of the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examination have been released, objections on which can be lodged till April 9. Talking about religious events, the grand beginning of Ati Rudra Maha Yagya is being held from today in the Mana area of ​​​​Raipur, in which Mahamandaleshwar, sadhus-saints and devotees from all over the country will participate.

Join our whatsapp group for Latest updates

Click Here for Hindi Updates

Click Here for Chhattisgarh News

Click Here for Entertainment News